users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] JAX-RS == REST? Or not? (was Re: [Jersey] What HATEOAS actually means)

From: Kevin Duffey <andjarnic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:29:20 -0800 (PST)

> Hopefully we can clarify this further with more concrete examples.
I hope soon.. I would really like to know the "right way" to build HATEOAS apis. :D
I have read this extremely long thread, and am really really confused now as to what is what. I thought the Sun cloud APIs was a completely restful API design. However, this notion that the client maintains state has got me a bit confused now. I would love to see some truly RESTful examples using Jersey/JAX-RS.. how to implement for example HATEOAS in the present JAX-RS such that I can claim my API is truly RESTful and that everyone on this thread would agree on.