users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] Hypermedia clarification

From: Markus Karg <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:49:16 +0100

It would have been more fair to tell Mr Fielding the whole story:

We have a discussion about HATEOAS and one programmer has the idea to switch
state by sending links encoded as fancy http headers or RPC-style
entity-free pure-action URIs, while the other programmer says that according
to your dissertation and blog entries HATEOAS enforces that state-switching
links must be part of the received document but never there may be neither
RPC-style entity-free pure-action URI nor links sent in fancy http headers
due to incompatibility and protocol dependency.

Just as a backgrounder so you understand what the question is targeting in.

Regards
Markus