users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] What HATEOAS actually means

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:22:22 +0100

On Feb 15, 2010, at 5:43 PM, Jan Algermissen wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>
>> Link headers provide a useful alternative to that of media types
>> for certain cases of hypermedia support.
>
> No, I entirely do not think so because the focus on document
> oriented messaging is lost and I consider that essential.

But from what you wrote below you actually agree with me! I am
assuming where we disagree is on the cases.

Perhaps there is a new term emerging: entity oriented messaging :-)

I find the use of Link headers intriguing but it is not the only way.
As Marc says in a recent email:

   The first stab at this uses HTTP Link headers because its easier to
find and parse those than links embedded in
   representations but we'll get there eventually.

Paul.