users@jersey.java.net

Root Unwrapping configuration for JSON representation in Jersey 1.1.5

From: KNOTTS, BILL (ATTSI) <"KNOTTS,>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:32:58 -0500

Trying to take advantage of the following in Jersey 1.1.5 and having a
bit of difficulty, Example 4.16. Keep XML root tag equivalent in JSON
natural JSON notation

It seems that whenever I attempt to disable 'rootUnwrapping', I
encounter the following exception:

Feb 22, 2010 11:07:05 AM
com.sun.jersey.json.impl.writer.Stax2JacksonWriter writeStartElement

SEVERE: null

org.codehaus.jackson.JsonGenerationException: Can not write a field
name, expecting a value

I've attached a very simple Maven project as an example of the behavior,
perhaps I am doing something silly that is causing the error?

*BTW - this seems to occur when using 'mapped' notation as well as
'natural'.

Regards,

Bill