users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] howto RESTfully relate resources?

From: <FSauer_at_dsthealthsolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 08:26:30 -0600

Passing the parameter is not the problem. I want to process that parameter
URI the same way the jersey container does and get a resource object out
of it.
I want to process all the rules except the last one for HTTP method and
the creation of the representation. I think all the code to do this is
already in the container,
just need to find out how to get to it...

Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Sent by: Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM
02/08/2010 04:38 AM
Please respond to
users_at_jersey.dev.java.net

users_at_jersey.dev.java.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Jersey] howto RESTfully relate resources?

Hi,

Do you want to pass a URI as the value of a query parameter?

For example:

  http://foo/blah&uri=http://bar/ugh

You can do:

  @GET
  public XXX get(@QueryParam("uri") URI uri) { ... }

because URI contains a constructor that has a single string parameter.

Note that you need to make sure the client constructors the URI with the
embedded URI correctly such that the embedded URI is correctly encoded,
for example if the embedded URI has query parameters the approach
characters need to be percent encoded.

Paul.