users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] CMP and Jersey

From: Comerford, Sean <Sean.Comerford_at_espn3.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:08:16 +0000

I should add that another big difference is my DB connection is configured
as a JDBC resource on the container. So my persistence.xml has
<non-jta-data-source>jdbc/SportwareNBA</non-jta-data-source> and some
connection properties (for 2nd level caching) but there is NO JDBC url
property in my persistence.xml directly.

It seems like maybe the injection on the Jersey resource canıt find the JDBC
url properties and is therefore using some defaults?

On 12/1/09 4:57 PM, "Comerford, Sean" <Sean.Comerford_at_espn3.com> wrote:

> I have a JPA (w/ Hibernate) connection to a SQL server DB configured. I have a
> bunch of Jersey resources configured and successfully working by getting an
> EntityManagerFactory directly via a call to
> Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(³foo²).
>
> Now Iım trying to convert these resources to have Glassfish inject the EMF as
> is done in the bookmark Jersey sample... i.e:
>
> @PersistenceUnit(unitName = "NbaJpa")
> EntityManagerFactory entityManagerFactory = null;
>
> I have changed my web.xml to use the Jersey ServletAdaptor (as shown in the
> bookmark example) and changed the params as appropriate for data source.
>
> Iım guessing Iım missing something completely brain dead but as far as I can
> tell, the only difference at this point with my project and the bookmark
> example is Iım NOT using a JTA data source. But when I try to access the
> Jersey resource that uses CMP I get the exception shown below. For what itıs
> worth, my other resources that still call Persistence.createEMF to get the EMF
> directly work fine.
>
> Any ideas what Iıve missed? It seems to be trying to connect to localhost 1527
> (the derby port I believe) for unknown reasons. My one and only persistence
> unit is configured as a JDBC resource to talk to a remote host on port 1433
> (the SQL server port).
>
> javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
> org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
> ... Blah blah blah ....
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection. Cause:
> Connection could not be allocated because: java.net.ConnectException : Error
> connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused.
> at com.sun.gjc.spi.base.DataSource.getConnection(DataSource.java:115)
> at
> org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnectio
> n(InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:46)
> at

org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:446>
)

--
Sean Comerford, Software Engineer
ESPN.com Site Architecture Group