users@jersey.java.net

How to compile the examples with Maven?

From: Steinar Overbeck Cook <steinar.cook_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:26:32 +0100

I've tried to compile the Jersey samples version 1.1.14 using Maven 2. However, no matter which version of the samples I attempt to download, they all fail:

Project ID: null:helloworld:jar:null

Reason: Cannot find parent: com.sun.jersey.samples:jersey-samples for project: null:helloworld:jar:null for project null:helloworld:jar:null

I have tried to donwload the jersey-samples-x.x.x.pom, which brings me one step further until I get this:

[INFO] Error reading assemblies: Error locating assembly descriptor: assembly.xml

[1] [INFO] Searching for file location: /Users/steinarcook/Downloads/jersey-samples-1.1.4/assembly.xml

[2] [INFO] File: /Users/steinarcook/Downloads/jersey-samples-1.1.4/assembly.xml does not exist.

[3] [INFO] Invalid artifact specification: 'assembly.xml'. Must contain at least three fields, separated by ':'.

[4] [INFO] Failed to resolve classpath resource: /assemblies/assembly.xml from classloader: org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader_at_5dde45e2

[5] [INFO] Failed to resolve classpath resource: assembly.xml from classloader: org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader_at_5dde45e2

[6] [INFO] File: /Users/steinarcook/Downloads/jersey-samples-1.1.4/assembly.xml does not exist.

[7] [INFO] Building URL from location: assembly.xml

What am I doing wrong here? I would rather not spend time on learning NetBeans and Glassfish :-)