users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Firefox making multiple GET requests against a resource - any idea why?

From: Alex Bleasdale <rhodlite78_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:19:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Paul,

> Do you know what is setting the Content-Encoding response header? do
> you have a filter specified supporting gzip'ing of response entities?

There shouldn't be; not within my app at any case. I have 10 addons
installed in Firefox; I'm wondering whether any of these would affect it
(although I guess that would be unlikely). I'm using glassfish to run the
application and apache is doing the rewriting; although this is quite a
common setup, so I'm guessing that this issue would have come up a lot in
the past if this caused multiple requests....

> You might want ti play around with the cache control headers you are
> using. Perhaps try:
> return Response.ok(ONE_BY_ONE).type("image/gif").build();

Actually I did try this - and it still often registers 2 (and sometimes 3)
get requests, so it doesn't appear to be related to CacheControl. Not sure
whether it's worth mentioning but there are occasions where FF will also
register one request (on times when it does this, there's usually a slightly
longer interval between refreshing and the request completing.

I'll keep trying out ideas and will post back if I find anything out.
Thanks for the links; I'll look at both of them next.