users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Issue with jersey 1.1.5: ClientAbortException, java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

From: coldserenity <muntyanu.roman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

Paul Sandoz wrote:

> Are there any other clues in the log?

When I was examining the log there weren't any, the message simply repeated
itself infinitely.
Unfortunately the server has been restarted before I could backup the log.
I hope the issue will repeat itself soon.

>> - is there a standard way of suppressing this exception with
>> Jersey?
>>

> You could override Jersey's ServletContainer.service method to trap
> the exception so it is not passed through to the servlet layer.

We do have a Spring exception handling interceptor between our Jersey
services' methods and the container. But I guess the issue should be dealt
at a higher level because it's not the interceptor who prints the stack
trace. And now I've started doubting if a Jersey has anything to do with
this issue :)

Anyway, thanks for the hint. I hope there will be more info if the issue
recurs.

Roman