users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Bookmark Jersey Example

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:57:53 +0200

Hi Roan,

Unfortunately i do not understand enough about persistence
configuration.

Fundamentally once an EntityManagerFactory is available in JNDI Jersey
should be able to make use of it.

All the head scratching is working out how to configure the
persistence stuff and DB, i must admit i find it infuriating and i am
sure you do to!

Pavel (another Jersey team member) is doing some investigations and
the bookmark sample works fine on GF v2.1. But we cannot get it to
work properly on GF v3.

I am also CC'ing Arun who has presented blog-based tutorials on using
Java EE with MySQL. Arun, if you have some free time, could you help
Pavel and Roan get a version of the bookmark sample [1] working on GF
v3 with MySQL?

Paul.

[1] http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/jersey/samples/bookmark/1.1.3-ea/bookmark-1.1.3-ea-project.zip
      Note if using this sample with GF v3 modify the jersey
dependencies in the pom.xml so that the scope is
      provided.