users@jersey.java.net

Re: Re: [Jersey] State Client / HATEOAS proposal

From: gerard davison <gerard.davison_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:17:10 +0100

Paul,

I was thinking something along the lines of:

      <xsd:element name="bank">
        <xsd:complexType>
          <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element name="link">
              <xsd:annotation>
                <xsd:appinfo>
                   <wadlb:bindings>

<wadlb:definition>http://otherApplication.com/application.wadl#resourceName</wadlb:definition>
                   </wadlb:bindings>
                </xsd:appinfo>
              </xsd:annotation>
              <xsd:complexType>
                <xsd:attribute name="ref" default="self" type="xsd:string"/>
              </xsd:complexType>
            </xsd:element>
          </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
      </xsd:element>

Although this is a bit wordy it would allow a generation tool to grab
and generate an interface for this WADL, and if it contains suitable
grammar links it should be able to give you the correct types also. I
would be happy if someone has a better suggestion though....

(Still waiting to hear back about the code)

Gerard