users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Hyperlinks in REST responses

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:07:01 -0700

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:
> Hi Ara,
> IMHO i think relative links in representations only make sense if there is a
> base URI in the representation from which those relative links can be
> resolved (e.g. using XML base, but not all XML processors may support that).

Could it also be that since client does access specific resource, it
also can use URL of that resource as the base? (which is how browser
does it)
In fact, it would seem wrong (or at least unnecessary) for response
itself to (have to) set XML:base. Or am I misunderstanding the problem
here?

-+ Tatu +-