users@jersey.java.net

Re: Jersey X _at_WebServlet

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:37:24 +0200

Hi,

Why you want to deploy one servlet per one "resource class" when you
can deploy one servlet with many resource classes using @Path?

You will not get the same level of support utilizing a Servlet as you
will utilizing a JAX-RS resource class. So depending on your
application you may be making things harder for yourself rather than
easier.

The plan for integration in EE 6 is:

1) for a JAX-RS application to annotation the implementation of the
javax.ws.rs.Application class so that one does not
      have to create and/or edit the web.xml; and

2) for a root resource class to support the injection of EE artifacts.

We are waiting for the relevant specs to settle down a bit, then we
can update the APIs and implement.

Paul.