users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] MediaType-s?

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:19:12 -0400

On Jul 14, 2009, at 12:46 PM, Rabick, Mark A (IS) wrote:

> Is there a plan to extend javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType with other
> types like application/rdf+xml?

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean will we be adding additional
constants to MediaType ? Note that anyone can create a new MediaType
constant in their code, you don't have to wait for the API to add one.
All of the constants in the MediaType class are just declared like this:

     public final static String APPLICATION_XML = "application/xml";
     public final static MediaType APPLICATION_XML_TYPE = new
MediaType("application","xml");

Marc.