users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jackson provider and Maps

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 23:36:53 -0700

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Nick Parfene <nick_at_tmro.net> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Nick! Unfortunately I can not comment on your specific problem
(although it does sound similar to some problems reported on jettison
mailing lists), but I do have one question regarding this:

> I am using Jackson 0.9.4 since the 1.0.0 release is no longer compatible
> with jersey 1.0.3 (the setFeature method is now final...).

This is an unintended (and unfortunate) change. But just to make sure:
is this JsonGenerator#setFeature? (there is also
JsonParser#setFeature, but that is not final)?
I can resolve this for Jackson 1.0.1 maintenance release; I wasn't
aware that Jersey code tries to override the method, but there is no
harm in leaving method as non-final.

-+ Tatu +-