users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Custom inject provider

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:54:55 -0700

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Paul Sandoz<Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2009, at 9:53 AM, testn wrote:
>

>> Just theoretically :-) if I find Jersey is too slow and I would like to
>> replace InjectableProvider, RequestDispatcher, etc with bytecode
>> implementation instead of reflection. Is there a way I can do it easily?
>
> First i would recommend if you find it too slow to understand why it is slow
> by measuring and getting some performance data as the initial assumptions as
> to why it might be slow could be wrong. Data is king!

+1. Specifically since I too was suspicious of performance of
reflection-based access; but found out that overhead for even
low-level things like data binding is rather modest overall. This
comparing reflection-based fully automated data binding (of Jackson,
json<->beans) to hand-written binder that would be best a
bytecode-based one could achieve.

-+ Tatu +-