users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] POST is not working when body is provided

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:43:44 -0700

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Markus KARG<markus.karg_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> This would explain the behaviour. But it is weird, as HttpUrlConnection's
> description doesn't tell anything about any special cases. Anyways, in our
> case it is working correctly, so I give up thinking about it.

It could be a bug, or at least unintended behavior. But I think one
thing I saw in code there was sort of assumption that only methods
that matter are GET and POST (and perhaps HEAD for some cases). So it
is possible that some checks only look for POST, not PUT... and PUT
perhaps defaults to sub-optimal or wrong handling. Just a guess.

-+ Tatu +-