users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey Client at JavaFX ??

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:30:40 +0200

Hi Felipe,

I am not totally up to date on JavaFX but my understanding is there
are some pull parsing stuff, using javafx.data.pull.PullParser, is
that what you are referring to?

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/glassfish/GFandMySQL_Part4TheApp.html

Ideally one should be able to reuse the JAXB beans, or a set of XPath
expressions to extract out the information. Developers should not have
to deal at the layer of pull parsing.

There is no integration between JavaFX and the Jersey client. JavaFX
has its own way of making requests, but i think the Java type
conversion of the Jersey client could be re-used by JavaFX. But i
ain't got the time to investigate further :-(

But i think you might be able to use the JAXB APIs directly if you
require.

See the following for reusing JSONObject:

http://blogs.sun.com/sebsto/entry/javafx_asynchronous_communication_with_rest

Paul.