users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Resource Management through nested sub-locators

From: Martin Probst <mail_at_martin-probst.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:18:36 +0200

>> Yes, but which method did not finish,
>
> Essentially the application did not return a Response, namely a resource
> method did not finish (or was not called).

OK, but how do I detect that, and where? I might be missing something,
but browsing the code I cannot quite find a hook for that. Also it
depends on when - the goal is to use Jersey to create e.g. a 500 page
through an ExceptionMapper, so there will be a response.

About the transaction guidelines: that sounds pretty much like what I
want to do. But there remains the problem that Jersey won't throw an
exception if one uses its ExceptionMapper to build nice error
messages. So if you use Jersey/JAX-RS for all stuff, you'll end up
with your transactions always committing. Shouldn't this be a problem?

Martin