users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey on app engine

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:08:57 +0200

Hi Erdinc,

It seems like GAE subsets JDK 6. I wonder why?

I am not sure what to do about the WADL stuff as it is core stuff. We
could have a flag to disable WADL. Or it might be possible to support
WADL support as a component that is loaded dynamically. But it is kind
of frustrating to work around such issues.

On Apr 9, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Erdinc Yilmazel wrote:

> If I modify WadlFactory.java and make checkForJAXB method to return
> false no matter what, the application deploys with a few warnings, but
> this means I can not use Jersey with jaxb, so I can only use
> plain/text response types or custom MessageBodyWriter and Readers...
>
> The warnings I get are related to XMLListElementProvider class. Here
> is the exception message:
>
> com.sun.jersey.core.spi.component.ProviderFactory
> __getComponentProvider: The provider class, class
> com.sun.jersey.core.impl.provider.entity.XMLListElementProvider$App,
> could not be instantiated. Processing will continue but the class will
> not be utilized
> java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to get members for class
> com.sun.jersey.core.impl.provider.entity.XMLListElementProvider$App

Not sure what is gong on there.

> Here is the proof of jersey working on appengine:
> http://erdincyilmazel.appspot.com/index
>
> This is a single resource that is working on @Path("index"), producing
> plain text and returning String.

Great!