users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] RE: array handling in JAXB to JSON conversion

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:43:29 -0800

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Moiz Dohadwala <mdohadwala_at_mokafive.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I was hoping for a response, but haven’t’ seen one yet; maybe I missed it. I
> am getting heat from our user experience team on this.

I can't answer the question regarding default json mapped variant
(although I suspect it may be difficult to handle because of impedance
between XML+JAXB and JSON -- meaning, if may be that necessary
information gets lost during translation; specifically, there's no
per-item wrapper, and perhaps that's why instead of empty list you get
a null or missing Json Object entry.

But for what it's worth, I am pretty sure that JacksonJsonProvider I
mentioned earlier could produce exact output you want.
The only caveat is that jackson data binding only uses bean(-like)
introspection, i.e. getters are needed for serialization.

Just a thought,

-+ Tatu +-