users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Resource life cycle and injections

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:52:43 +0100

On Mar 10, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Erdinc Yilmazel wrote:

>> I would really like to provide a Guice sample, but we are a bit
>> stuck with
>> Guice support until we can use a maven repo with all the Guice 2.0
>> snapshot
>> components. I searched but cannot find one, if anyone else knows of
>> one
>> please speak up!
>>
>> Paul.
>
> Maybe you can provide a guice sample with a dependency to guice in
> provided scope. Anyone that will use the sample can throw in their own
> guice jars.

Unfortunately not, because we need to automate the testing and
continuously test when the Jersey source changes, as it is very
important that the samples work. I do not want to manually configure
maven repos on multiple Hudson slaves, or perform manual testing
myself (takes too much time), or temporarily document the edge case :-)

> When guice 2.0 is finally released, I am sure they will
> provide a maven repository.

Hope so!

Paul.