users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Static references from JSP

From: sarat.pediredla <sarat.pediredla_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 04:28:44 -0800 (PST)

Paul Sandoz wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2009, at 12:20 PM, sarat.pediredla wrote:
>
> OK.
>
> I thought filters are always invoked before a servlets thus filters
> implicitly have a higher priority than a servlet. Is my assumption
> wrong?

I am not sure. I am certainly not an expert on this but from what I can see,
it is fairly obvious that my CSS and Javascript are all going through
Jersey. I have a filter that forwards to static resources ending in *.js,
*.css but these never get returned and when I check the logs, it looks like
Jersey is trying to intercept these requests and failing because I have no
resources defined for these (which I don't want to).

The basic problem for me is to "exclude" certain paths from being
intercepted from Jersey and just let the container and other filters handle
is. The other solution to a filter is to have an init-param that allows me
to specify paths to exclude, so they don't go through Jersey.

Mapping Jersey to something like /app/* is a possibility but doesn't seem
very clean for me. I really want my users to http://localhost/contacts and
just hit the resource directly.

Paul Sandoz wrote:

> Yes, we plan to do that. Unfortunately we do not have time to
> implement that for the 1.0.2 release but it will be in the 1.0.3-
> SNAPSHOT and release.

I appreciate this. I will see if we can do anything to help in this regards

Sarat