users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Full-fledged SSL under Jersey

From: Gili <cowwoc_at_bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:35:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

What is the best way to communicate over SSL using Jersey? I expect the
client to:

1) Request and verify the server certificate
2) Encrypt and send the data to the server

I have the following questions:

- How do I request the server certificate (assuming it is found in a CA)?
- How do I verify it?
- How do I configure an event listener to prompt me for a user name and
password when it's needed?
- Do I need a commercial SSL certificate? Do I lose anything by hard-coding
my public key into the client? Granted I'll need to issue new clients if the
server key changes, but is there anything else?

Thank you,
Gili