users@jersey.java.net

Values in POST message are getting lost <was> Re: [Jersey] That's funny

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:22:44 +0100

On Feb 20, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Marsh Eric wrote:

> While trying to figure out why some of the values I'm sending in a
> post message are getting lost,

When you say values are you referring to URI, query or form
parameters? or are you referring to values in say an XML message?

I might be able to help you better if i can see the @POST resource
method with method parameters annotated with @*Param. To better help
you need to help me by providing more information :-) if it is
sensitive information feel free to send me it directly if that is OK
with you.

Another thing you can do is add logging to the server side, see the
following JavaDoc:

https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jersey/tags/jersey-1.0.2/api/jersey/com/sun/jersey/api/container/filter/LoggingFilter.html

to check if the information received by the server is what you expect.

> I noticed that every record in the table seems to be being read by a
> generated method before the new record is created. Seems like an
> expensive thing to do. Any idea why this might be happening?

Sorry, no idea. Note that i did not develop the NetBeans-related code
so i do not understand that area.

Paul.