users@jersey.java.net

re: sudden wierdness

From: Marsh Eric <emarsh_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:41:30 -0600

Paul, they making you work on Saturday?

> On Feb 20, 2009, at 6:28 PM, Marsh Eric wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I'm suddenly seeing some very strange behavior from jersey.
>> Something, I don't know what, is happening somewhere between the
>> web connection and the persistence layer, but I'm not really sure
>> exactly why I'm seeing it now but not previously. I did recently
>> upgrade to the latest version so perhaps that's got something to do
>> with it.
>>

> When you say latest version do you mean 1.0.2 or 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT?

I'm using 1.0.2

>> Essentially Jersey doesn't seem to be setting some passed numeric
>> values and so those values are defaulting to zeros.
>
> Can you provide an example of your resource classes showing how the
> numeric values are being extracted? and the client requests you make
> to those resources. Or even better a simple project that reproduces
> the issue?

The resource classes are as generated by netbeans. I'll tell you what
- I think that the best thing for me to do is to do some single
stepping through Jersey to try to understand it better.

> Has your client changed?

I'm constantly tweaking this and that. I don't think that I changed it
in a manner that would affect this but I can't say for sure.

>> I don't expect you guys to solve my problems, but if anyone else
>> has mentioned anything like this happening before that might be
>> helpful. Also is there any documentation explaining how to set
>> Jersey up for debugging?
>
> No docs. The source jars is available on the maven repo in the same
> location as the code and JavaDoc jars . So you should be able to use
> that source to debug your project using say NetBeans.

I'm trying to get things set up to do that now. I'm just trying to
figure out which jar files are necessary to fix the various unresolved
symbols that I'm seeing.