users@jersey.java.net

Guice support in the trunk, but not being continuously built.

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:09:01 +0100

Hi Gili,

I have committed contribs/jersey-guice module to the trunk, but i have
not enabled it so it is continuously built.

We need to solve some issues before we do that:

1) First and foremost is the very annoying aspect that there are no
regular Guice snapshots to a maven repo. The repo
     http://maven.kamalook.de only has the base Guice support. It does
not have all the Guice modules. Since the Jersey
     Guice web support requires the servlet-module we are a little bit
stuck at the moment as we cannot test or
     provide samples.

     GuiceyFruit [1], James's compatible fork, does have all the
modules, but the last release was in Oct 2008.
     James would it be possible to update GuiceyFruit? then we can
depend on that?

2) I modified the GuiceFilter to be GuiceContainer since it should now
work with a Servlet or Filter.
     The GuiceContainer is configured such that no scanning is
performed by Jersey for root
     resource classes i.e. by default we should only rely on Guice
mechanisms.

3) There are some issues with the GuiceComponentProviderFactory that
need to be resolved that i sent in a previous email

      http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Anet.java.dev.jersey.users+Guice+module#query
:list%3Anet.java.dev.jersey.users%20Guice%20module+page:1+mid:6e2pxlcs2juahocn+state:results

Paul.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/guiceyfruit/