users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Use updated WADL spec

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:16:43 -0500

On Feb 3, 2009, at 4:04 AM, Paul Sandoz wrote:

>> Marc just announced an updated version of the WADL spec ([1]).
>>
>> Just to keep up with the latest version I suggest to move to this new
>> version. As this includes structural, backwards-incompatible
>> changes I
>> suggest to do this after jersey 1.0.2 was released.
>>

> Marc states:
>
> Unfortunately the changes required by issue 13 were not backwards
> compatible so I had to change the namespace and existing WADL docs
> will require minor edits as a result.
>
> I would like Marc's input as we could potentially break clients that
> are consuming the WADL generated by Jersey.

I think we need to at least coordinate with the NetBeans tooling that
uses WADL, having the WADL produced by Jersey be out-of-step with that
expected by the tools would be unfortunate. In the meantime perhaps
Jersey could offer a WADL configuration switch with the default being
the current version for backwards compatibility.

The updated version is still draft and there might still be other
changes before it settles down so I think waiting a while before
implementing would be a good plan anyway.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.