users@jersey.java.net

Apache HTTP Client contrib usage?

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:06:02 -0500

Is there a doc somewhere that explains usage of the apache http client
files?

I've been using the original implementation that Jorge posted a few
months ago, but the final revision has changed. I've read all the
Javadocs for the classes in the apache http client contribution, and I
can see how I could make it work with an interactive prompt for credentials.

However, I need to be able to set the user/password for the request
programatically.

Do I need to write my own credential provider that does this? If so,
the javadoc for PROPERTY_CREDENTIALS_PROVIDER says it is only used in
the event that PROPERTY_INTERACTIVE is true, but I do not want to use
interactive prompts.