users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] Are ResourceFactory and ResourceProvider deprecated?

From: Peter Tan <peter_tan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 01:20:39 -0800

Hi Paul,We use Guice as our IoC implementation, and in our case using Guice to instantiate resources is the easiest way to integrate Jersey with our code.Looks like Jersey 1.0.2 will support Guice, so maybe I should skip 1.0.1for now and look forward to 1.0.2!!??-PeterDate: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:07:01 +0100From: Paul.Sandoz@Sun.COMTo: users@jersey.dev.java.netSubject: Re: [Jersey] Are ResourceFactory and ResourceProvider deprecated?Hi Peter,Sorry about pulling the rug from you like that. We needed to change things to support better IoC integration.If you are supporting your own life-cycle logic you need to implement: com.sun.jersey.server.spi.component./ResourceComponentProviderFactory [1].This has got a little more complicated. I suggest you look at the source code for: com.sun.jersey.server.impl.resource.SingletonFactoryDo you mind me asking what use-case you are using those for? There may be another way that is better since supporting life-cycles is hard.Paul.https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jersey/tags/jersey-1.0.1/api/jersey/com/sun/jersey/server/spi/component/ResourceComponentProviderFactory.htmlOn Dec 27, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Peter Tan wrote:Hi,I just tried to upgrade from jersey 1.0.0 to jersey 1.0.1, and seems like these two classes are gone. I might miss it but I can't find any information in changelogs and Java docs. They just disappeared. Could anyone kindly let me know what's the replacement?thank you,-PeterLife on your PC is safer, easier, and more enjoyable with Windows Vista®. See how
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_howitworks_012009