users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Are ResourceFactory and ResourceProvider deprecated?

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:07:01 +0100

Hi Peter,

Sorry about pulling the rug from you like that. We needed to change
things to support better IoC integration.

If you are supporting your own life-cycle logic you need to implement:

  com.sun.jersey.server.spi.component./
ResourceComponentProviderFactory [1].

This has got a little more complicated. I suggest you look at the
source code for:

   com.sun.jersey.server.impl.resource.SingletonFactory

Do you mind me asking what use-case you are using those for? There may
be another way that is better since supporting life-cycles is hard.

Paul.

https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jersey/tags/jersey-1.0.1/api/jersey/com/sun/jersey/server/spi/component/ResourceComponentProviderFactory.html