users@jersey.java.net

JAX-RS / Jersey as the main Java web framework going forward...

From: James Strachan <james.strachan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:45:52 +0000

I've been pondering this for a little while; is JAX-RS the kinda long
term replacement for all the zillions of web frameworks out there?

I tend to think, yes it mostly is for most requirements - and we're
nearly there, just a few things to fix up and improve. I've just
blogged (a rather long post for me) about it, brain dumping my
thoughts
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/2009/01/jax-rs-as-one-web-framework-to-rule.html

it could well feed the trolls but it'd be interesting to hear if
others have been having similar thoughts (or maybe I'm just smoking
crack :). From seeing folks hit similar issues to me in the implicit
views / static files /JSP mappings areas - it looks like at least a
few folks are trying to do similar things.

Thoughts?

--
James
-------