users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Whence jersey-spring-1.0.1.jar?

From: Ray Krueger <raykrueger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:10:39 -0600

> OK I found that the jersey-spring module has moved under contrib:
>
> http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/jersey/contribs/jersey-spring/1.0.1/
>
> So my latest jersey deps are:
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>com.sun.jersey</groupId>
> <artifactId>jersey-server</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.1</version>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>com.sun.jersey.contribs</groupId>
> <artifactId>jersey-spring</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.1</version>
> </dependency>
>
> With that change I am now getting the following error:
>
> com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException: The ResourceConfig instance
> does not contain any root resource classes.

I had all the exact same experiences. It does worry me that
introducing backwards incompatible changes in a patch version would
happen at all. Changing the package of the ComponentProvider class is
a major version change, not a patch version change.

That being said, I couldn't figure out that error and reverted
everything back to 1.0, but it was late and I was tired :p