users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] Jersey ignores javax.ws.rs.core.Application

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:47:51 -0400

I could be mistaken, but I'm using the init params:

<init-param>

<param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.resourceConfigClass</param-name>

<param-value>com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig</param-value>
    </init-param>
<init-param>
      <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.packages</param-name>
      <param-value>com.your.package1;com.your.package2</param-value>
    </init-param>

Which tells Jersey what packages to search for annotated JAX-RS impl
classes. I just read through the JSR tonight and I got out of it that
classes annotated with @Path, @Resource (and a few other key annotations)
will be found in this manner.

I don't know how it would find them if you were not using that type of
Servlet config, though. But, for example, in the demo apps that use the
lightweight http server, when building the container one of the methods you
call takes a variable (Class ...) argument that you pass in a list of the
resources, providers etc you want Jersey to find.

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com