users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Documentation for 1.0

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:24:42 +0100

On Oct 2, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Alex Sherwin wrote:

> Thanks for pointing me to some more information, but I'm hoping to
> use the
> Jersey JAX-RS in a new product we are developing.

Great!

> The jersey site on
> dev.java.net lists .8 as the latest release (which is what I'm
> currently
> using),

Yes, we shifted over to maven as the place where bits are obtained
from 0.9 onwards. I think we could have done better communicating that
information.

> I see the Wiki shows that .9 is the latest release (which points to
> different download location then dev.java.net does), but that you've
> written
> a document with the 1.0 features recently (because I see that JSR
> 311 was
> just approved ~ week ago).
>
> Is the current 1.0 snapshot fully feature-compatible with the recently
> approved JSR 311 spec?

Yes.

> And if so, in your opinion do you consider it stable
> enough to go forward with at this time?

Yes, it will go 1.0 in less than two weeks.

> I'm mainly looking to handle PUT
> and GET requests that will use JAXB to marshall/unmarshall xml and
> java
> objects as an exposed API for third party users.

OK. I encourage you to try 1.0-ea-SNAPSHOT and if you find any bugs we
will try and fix things ASAP.

The following document may help you understand what changes have been
made over releases:

https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jersey/trunk/jersey/changes.txt

Paul.