users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Exposing EJB 3 Beans through JAX-RS

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 15:02:42 -0400

On Sep 8, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Reza Rahman wrote:

> I'll be honest, I'd hate to see a potentially good technology like
> JAX-RS be out of the reach of developers that would rather use a
> plain EJB stack for reasons that are relatively easily solvable. I
> definitely do hope for much better coordination between specs in
> Java EE than that, particularly in the GlassFish project!

Sorting out integration with EE 6 is on the docket for JAX-RS 1.1, a
maintenance release we are planning to align with the EE 6 schedule.
Exactly what this will look like is still up for debate but the
current thinking is outlined in section 6.2 of the spec (https://jsr311.dev.java.net/drafts/spec20080827.pdf
).

Personally I'd like to be able to say that a resource class can be a
WebBean and leave it at that - I think that would give you what you
are looking for. However, it remains to be seen if that will be
feasible or not.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>