users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Added new jersey sample spring-annotations

From: Imran M Yousuf <imran_at_smartitengineering.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:05:18 +0600

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Martin Grotzke
<martin.grotzke_at_freiheit.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 08:29 +0600, Imran M Yousuf wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Martin Grotzke
>> <martin.grotzke_at_freiheit.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I just added a sample that shows how to use jersey and spring using
>> > annotations provided/supported by spring >= 2.5 [1].
>> >
>> > One resource class [2] in this sample app also shows how users of spring
>> > < 2.5 can use annotation based autowiring (via the @Autowire annotation
>> > provided by jersey-spring).
>>
>> That was pretty quick :).
>> I trying work on a sample with XML configuration and integrating
>> Spring Security. Currently reading up on Spring Security, hopefully
>> will be able to add a sample sometime soon.
> Great! Perhaps you might consider creating two separate samples, one for
> just showing spring-xml-config and one that shows how to use
> spring-security with jersey.
>
> If your main focus is on spring-security I might also do the part with
> spring-xml.
>
> What do you think?

I am interested in both of them, it will take me few days before I can
find some time for it but I intend to submit both the samples :). I
will request you if I fail to allocate some time to it :).

>> Will have a look at your sample as well.
>>
>> BTW, how does developers submit their work? is it by patch?
> Yes, sending a patch to this list is one option, another is that you
> create an issue and attach the patch to this issue, and a third one is
> to complete the Sun's Contributor Agreement (SCA) to get developer/write
> access.

Great, I think for now I will take both 1 and 2, first email the patch
and then create an issue and attach it. What is the process of sending
patch? inline or attachment? Another supplementary question - Is it if
I use Git as the frontend to SVN and create patches from it?

Thank you so much.
Best regards,

Imran

--