users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Modularizing Jersey: first steps

From: Imran M Yousuf <imran_at_smartitengineering.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:12:35 +0600

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I prefer doing this in a number of smaller iterative steps so that we always have something running. As part of this we also
> need to provide a jersey.jar bundle that contains everything (like Grizzly does) as well as the zip file. In addition providing
> source and javadoc to maven would be good.
>
> Does anybody know of a tool to recursively work about class dependencies from a set of classes. We could use that to
> determine the static compile-time dependencies for the client API and impl.

Though I am not sure whether this is exactly what you want or not but
I have used Maven Assembly plugin to generate
distribution for my project; as an alternate to assembly plugin (which
some do not prefer) we could also use Ant (Maven-Ant plugin for the
purpose. If you are interested to have a peek at what I tried to do
have you may have a look at -
http://code.google.com/p/smart-load-test (its still in 0.1-SNAPSHOT so
everything there is in concpetual phase and I almost done with the
initial development, I use GIT (git-svn) so a lot of commits are
pending on my machine). Please let me know if I could be of any
assistance in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran