users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Mavenising Jersey/Jersey-Spring

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:52:31 +0200

Martin Grotzke wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 14:12 +0200, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>> Actually thinking about it, we should probably put everything underneath
>> the name "jersey":
>>
>> trunk/
>> jersey/ # copying the convention used by Grizzly
>> pom.xml
>> contribs/
>> spring/
>> samples/
>> modules/
>> jersey/
>> # and jersey will be modularized later e.g.
>> # jersey-runtime/
>> # jersey-jaxb/
>> # jersey-json/
>> # jersey-servlet/
>>
>> as it means we can easily build everything, meaningfully branch/tag
>> everything, create bundles, and still retain a zip distribution for
>> non-maven users.
>
> To build everything, IMHO you don't need the trunk/jersey folder, as you
> could also have simply a trunk/pom.xml, so that trunk is the root for
> everything. Or am I missing s.th.?

That is true, but i thought it would also make it easier to meaningfully
tag everything as you just declare the new tag directory and the single
meaningful directory you want to copy (rather than reusing 'trunk' or
selecting all directories/files in trunk). For future releases of Jersey
i think we should tag all source.

> So the argument for this would have to be to confirm to some convention
> (grizzly) :)

Partially, because if we copy that structure i am sure it will make it
easier to copy the release model.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question