users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] http and xml on the same path

From: Jo Størset <jo.storset_at_usit.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:59:04 +0200

Den 15. mai. 2008 kl. 18.24 skrev Paul Sandoz:

> Jo St?rset wrote:
>> Den 15. mai. 2008 kl. 15.32 skrev Mike Jones:
>>> How about just adding a xml-stylesheet PI to the XML?
>> Actually, that was what i tried first.
>> Apart from loosing support for non xsl-supporting clients, I
>> couldn't figure out how I can cleanly add PI's to the otherwise
>> default JAXB based xml generation.
>> Is there an easy way of overriding the default JAXB-based xml
>> serializer with one also able to add style sheet PIs?
>
> The current generic way i can think of is expressed here:
>
> https://jersey.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=695

You're right! I had a hard time realising the solution and how it
would fit my other requirements the last time. But, rereading it, I
think I might just get an ok solution out of it, even if it sort of
makes the solution app-specific.

What I really would have liked was some best-practice architectural
examples to look at, but I guess they simply don't exist, just yet :)

Jo