users@jersey.java.net

Re: Dynamic reconfiguration?

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:28:51 +0200

Tom Davies wrote:
> Thanks Paul, glad to know I'm on the right track -- and changing the
> config atomically is obviously sensible!

I just added a public load() method to ServletContainer in the trunk.
This can be invoked to reload the web application.

I also realized the ServletContainer.service required some minor
modification to ensure that pending requests would correctly use the
previously loaded web application.

It may be useful to define a formal contract for reloading, for example,
a resource config property could have a instance of something to
register a reload listener. That way we could also support reloading on
other containers as well.

Paul.