users@jersey.java.net

Re: GET parameters as List or Map?

From: Gabor Szokoli <szocske_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:02:26 +0100

On 3/3/08, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:
> Gabor Szokoli wrote:
> > Jersey does everything I want, but somehow I'm unable to find it out
> > myself from the documentation...
> >

> Sorry :-( we need a big picture arch document, linking to JavaDoc...

Didn't mean to complain, the framework works great for the circumstances :-)

We use it for machine consumed output for now, so I have not looked
into the human readable output generation facilities of Jersey yet.

My current theory of how things should be done (at least in our
situation) involves a web service layer as an official interface, and
then GUIs can be built on top of that.
If the GUI is a java servlet, then it would be a nice optimisation to
make the same service interface methods available over CORBA instead
of HTTP/XML.

The Imperial WS world has an appealing feature for this: you can make
your web service provider class an EJB at the same time.

Just my two cents.

Gabor Szokoli