users@jaxb.java.net

Current status of jaxb-api

From: <mackrorysd_at_apache.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 22:58:21 +0000 (UTC)

All,

Maven's dependency check plugin currently flags jaxb-api 2.2.2 as a
risky dependency due to several CVEs, so I'm trying to update. However
I'm having a hard time finding the official home of the jaxb-api
artifact.

Maven repositories have version 2.2.12 of jaxb-api, but I can't find
any source repository or official website for that artifact.
https://jaxb.java.net/ appears to only be for jaxb-ri, which last
released 2.2.11, but often refers to "JAXB 2.2.12" and consumes
jaxb-api 2.2.12.

Can anyone help me clear up what the status of jaxb-api releases is?
I'd just like to know where that code comes from and what the latest
supported release really is.

Thanks!