users@jaxb.java.net

Re: jaxb/annox issue with custom annotations

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 23:58:40 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Voß, Marko
<Marko.Voss_at_fiz-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Hello Ioannis,
>
> Please make sure, that your annotation class and its dependencies are available in the classpath of the maven-jaxb-plugin like this:
>
> <plugin>
>  <groupId>org.jvnet.jaxb2.maven2</groupId>
>  <artifactId>maven-jaxb2-plugin</artifactId>
>  <configuration>
>    <plugins>
>      <plugin>
>        YOUR ARTIFACT HERE
>      </plugin>
>    </plugins>
>  </configuration>
> </plugin>
>

> Regrettably, the maven JAXB plugin does not check for the existing classpath of the project. Other plugins are able to do that, so I guess it should be possible and in my opinion this is a bug. I came across the same problem like you.

There's a difference between the XJC classpath and the project
compilation classpath. In this case I'd agree, it makes sense to use
the compilation classpath - but this is the Maven plugin scope, not
the XJC plugin scope. The XJC plugin does not really know that there's
some "Maven" out there.

The issue can be solved by adding all the project dependencies to the
XJC classpath, but I'm really not sure if it is a good idea.

Please file an issue here:

http://jira.highsource.org/browse/JIIB

or here:

http://java.net/jira/browse/JAXB2_COMMONS