users@jaxb.java.net

Re: looking for a tool that will split an xsd file containing several complexTypes into separate files

From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 07:47:17 +0200

On 27 May 2011 00:20, Andy Davidson <andy_davidson_at_apple.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The project I work on is implemented using java on the back end and ObjC on
> the front end. JAXB xjc works great with our back end. I had to write
> something similar for our ObjC front end. I ran into a problem with our ObjC
> build system. It can not compile the generated ObjC models unless there is a
> 1:1 correspondence between our xsd files and the generated ObjC files.
>
> It is not possible for us to change our build environment.
>
> One obvious solutions would be to re-factor the xsd files into separate
> files by hand. For political reason this is not acceptable.
>
> Does anyone know of a tool that will split the XSD types into separate
> files?
>
> I think doing the split with xslt with would be tricky, I am not sure how
> you would correctly generated the required include and import elements.

Notwithstanding, XSLT would be my first idea. If the existing XML schema is
straightforward, it should not be too tricky. And the xsl
lis<xsl-list_at_lists.mulberrytech.com>t
is very helpful (given a good starting point or clear specs).

-W

Worst comes to worst I'll have to write another tool to spilt the xsd files.