users@jaxb.java.net

looking for a tool that will split an xsd file containing several complexTypes into separate files

From: Andy Davidson <andy_davidson_at_apple.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 15:20:38 -0700

Hi

The project I work on is implemented using java on the back end and ObjC on the front end. JAXB xjc works great with our back end. I had to write something similar for our ObjC front end. I ran into a problem with our ObjC build system. It can not compile the generated ObjC models unless there is a 1:1 correspondence between our xsd files and the generated ObjC files.

It is not possible for us to change our build environment.

One obvious solutions would be to re-factor the xsd files into separate files by hand. For political reason this is not acceptable.

Does anyone know of a tool that will split the XSD types into separate files?

I think doing the split with xslt with would be tricky, I am not sure how you would correctly generated the required include and import elements. Worst comes to worst I'll have to write another tool to spilt the xsd files.

thanks

Andy