users@jaxb.java.net

packaging jaxb for Debian

From: Thomas Koch <thomas_at_koch.ro>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:23:17 +0200

Hi,

I'm on the route to package HBase, the hadoop database for Debian. One hbase
contrib (stargate[1]) uses jersey[2], which in turn uses jaxb. So since
neither jersey nor jaxb are in Debian yet, I've to package those too.
However I'm quite confused, since I read references, that jaxb is supposed to
be included in Java6[3].
I can find a namespace com.sun.xml.internal.bind in rt.jar of openjdk6, but
jersey needs com.sun.xml.bind.v2. So what can I do? May I use the "internal"
classes and patch jersey to refer to them? Do I still need to package jaxb?
Where can I get a source tarball of jaxb from?

[1]
http://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/0.20_pre_durability/src/contrib/stargate
[2] https://jersey.dev.java.net
[3] http://weblogs.java.net/blog/325/2008/02/29/openjdk-6-now-has-jax-ws-21-