users@jaxb.java.net

character encoding conversion for marshall/unmarshall?

From: gigi2 <ggtech888_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, JAXB gurus,

I am wondering if there is an easy/plugin-able way to do character encoding
conversion transparently in the process of marshall/unmarshall.

Basically, my input/output will always be these UTF-8 XMLs. As the backend
database is ISO encoded, I hope the result of unmarshall will give me ISO
strings. And when it comes to marshall, the ISO strings can be transparently
turned to UTF-8 XML response. Right now I'm using JAXB's annotations to
parse XML into objects.

I understand there will be chars in the input file not able to get
converted, if so, I'd be be expecting an error/exception that flags the
failure

Hope I sound clear. This has been a headache for a while. Really hope
someone may help out a bit. Thanks a million in advance