users@jaxb.java.net

Any possibility of Unmarshaller.unmarshal() returning null?

From: KARR, DAVID (ATTSI) <"KARR,>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:43:20 -0700

I've been analyzing some possible paths in my code, to be sure that I'm
checking for null results where it's necessary, and avoiding the check
if there's no way something can be null. I've looked at the
"Unmarshaller.unmarshal()" method, and I can't see any reasonable
situation where this could possibly return null. If it has some sort of
problem, it will throw an exception, but I can't imagine any way it
could return null, indicating success. The javadoc doesn't mention
this, which is perhaps a statement by omission that it can't return
null, but I'm working with some people who don't necessarily take my
assurance as the truth. Is there some stronger statement of
"non-nullity" somewhere that I can rely on?