users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Mapping Heterogenous Hashmap to JAXB

From: srinivasan_pavan <srinivasan_pavan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:43:16 -0800 (PST)

1: yes, the Rectangle does represents java.awt.Rectangle, I am basically
saving layout information of the component in xml.
the map might look like this
  key="componentIndex" value=1
  key="bounds" value=new Rectangle(1,1,110,10)
  key="insets" value=new Insets(1,1,1,1)
  key="borderColor" value="Color.Red"

..basically depending on the container in which the components are
placed..the placement properties might differ...(eg :
BorderLayout,FlowLayout,GridLayout ...Container).

2: so basically my Map looks like <String,Object>. I could write a XMLJava
adapter for the map
 Class ValueAdapter extends XMLAdapter{
             public <...>marshal(...){
                 if(obj instanceof Integer){
                    //delegate to jaxb for marshalling
                         }
               else if (obj instance of Rectangle){
                  //perform marshalling myself
                }
   }

Is..is there any way i could check whethere jaxb has marshalling support for
a class ..before performing it myself...as in the code above ?

Regards,
Pavan